I have been wanting to post a 'tour' of my room for quite a while now; as I thoroughly enjoy gaining inspiration from the many room tour posts found throughout the blogosphere, I hoped that you could also gain some inspiration from seeing little peeks into my humble abode! I would describe my room as shabby-chic above all else- a number of features that make my room so special to me were painted/created by my lovely artistic mother! I just love having a variety of aesthetic visuals to keep me inspired, especially since I have spent a large majority of this year in my room due to the demands of year twelve!
1. A peek inside my wardrobe and my favourite dresses. Honestly though, the rest of my wardrobe isn't too spectacular; it depicts something like a jumble sale the majority of time
2. I keep my makeup and perfumes on a white decorative tray atop my chest of draws.
3. A beautiful Parisian style mirror draped with jewely hangs above my chest of drawers and then opposite I hang my flower 'crown' so the wall doesn't look too bare
4. I keep all my Lush and bath products in a darling ornamental bird cage-I think it is the cutest thing
5. A painting (by my mum) that hangs above my bed
6. An overview of my bed. To the left I have a hand painted bag rack where I also display cute little ornaments
7. Another of my favourite paintings
8. An overview of my desk area. A few things that I like include my inspiration board where I pin a few of my watercolour art works, two masks that were purchased in Venice, the bunch of dried lavender that I keep in a glass jug, an old doll from my childhood, the stack of Lula magazines with my favourite box of recipes from Lauduree sitting on top and a hand painted box to store treasures in. As you can see, at the time I took this picture I was keeping up to date with Valeria's latest blog post on Gilded Butterflies!
9. The 'chandelier' style lights that hang in the centre of my room