Lily of the Valley


Lunch and tea, prancing in the garden...will you come join me?


Evergreen Love- Misty Miller

The Swan Valley is, I believe, one of the most beautiful places in Western Australia especially during Spring. A morning rain shower almost put a halt to my outing with the family, however thankfully the skies cleared and the sun was shining soon enough. A long car drive spent listening to music began the days adventures. First stop was the Chocolate factory, which is always simply laden with samples inside. We then took a peak at a honey farm and marveled at the busy working bees. (After reading The Secret Life of Bees I have become a bit fond and admiring of the creatures that once scared the daylights out of me!) Lunch was at the Lily of the Valley Cafe, a gorgeous tranquil cottage garden, perfect for photo snapping. I had a lovely garden fresh pumpkin soup and tea. After, we ventured to a national park, browsed the cutest lolly shops, handcrafted boutiques and historic museums. On the drive home we took a short visit to a lavender farm where I tried Lavender ice cream for the very first time (It was pleasantly refreshing, and a bright violet colour).

The playsuit I am wearing in the photos slightly reminded me of one I wistfully lusted over some time last year on Miss Patina. This one is still a tad big for me, but I adore it all the same!

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so beautiful! Reminds me of Monet. P.S., I love your hat! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! That place looks enchanting.
    I hope to try lavender ice cream sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such lovely pictures :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is perfect and so is your blog!
    I've been a fan for a while now, keep it up :)

    Say Hi to your newest follower!

    Maybe you could check out mine and follow if you get time?

    Stoleninspiration.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the perfect day! I envy you, visiting places such as that is a dream of mine. Charming cafes, lavender farms! I'm trying to locate some edible dried lavender for some shortbread cookies I wish to make for tea. Lovely photos as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful garden! <3 The flowers are such a delight!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so cute omg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so lovely!
    Cute blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you for the comment my lovely,
    Wow, these are so pretty they look like they should be paintings!

    Love,
    Lily From Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I really like your blog.^^

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    Please follow me if you're not already so I could make a giveaway. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are so beautiful. And so are you, my love. <3
    Hope you are well.

    Sends you tender hugs,
    Lili xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous! What a pretty place, I don't think I've ever been, but I definitely need to now! Your hat is so lovely and delicate. I hope you're doing well and hope school is coming along well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to visit Lily of the Valley, just for the photo opportunities!
    Such a great blog you have going here :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great photos
    cute blog :)

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair aww.. you look so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a real gem, did you know?
    It's good to see a post by you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous place! I've always been fascinated with bees too, especially since my nickname used to be "Bee". And mmm a chocolate factory sounds good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice pics!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could join you! This place looks beyond perfect. Alas, I'm stuck in the horrible cold of the UK... Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photos, C! And you look really, really lovely. :) That's one really sweet dress too. I hope to visit Australia sometime soon - I'm missing out on so many things there!

    Hope you've been doing good too, lovely. :) Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. so pretty! the vintage effect and the picture itself is breathtaking. love it!
    http://katies-favorite-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. How have I not commented for so long among your beautiful entries? This looked like such a perfect day out. I too loved A secret life of bees :) and you look delightful in the photos too. xxx

    ReplyDelete