Lily of the Valley


Lunch and tea, prancing in the garden...will you come join me?


Evergreen Love- Misty Miller

The Swan Valley is, I believe, one of the most beautiful places in Western Australia especially during Spring. A morning rain shower almost put a halt to my outing with the family, however thankfully the skies cleared and the sun was shining soon enough. A long car drive spent listening to music began the days adventures. First stop was the Chocolate factory, which is always simply laden with samples inside. We then took a peak at a honey farm and marveled at the busy working bees. (After reading The Secret Life of Bees I have become a bit fond and admiring of the creatures that once scared the daylights out of me!) Lunch was at the Lily of the Valley Cafe, a gorgeous tranquil cottage garden, perfect for photo snapping. I had a lovely garden fresh pumpkin soup and tea. After, we ventured to a national park, browsed the cutest lolly shops, handcrafted boutiques and historic museums. On the drive home we took a short visit to a lavender farm where I tried Lavender ice cream for the very first time (It was pleasantly refreshing, and a bright violet colour).

The playsuit I am wearing in the photos slightly reminded me of one I wistfully lusted over some time last year on Miss Patina. This one is still a tad big for me, but I adore it all the same!

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so beautiful! Reminds me of Monet. P.S., I love your hat! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! That place looks enchanting.
    I hope to try lavender ice cream sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such lovely pictures :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is perfect and so is your blog!
    I've been a fan for a while now, keep it up :)

    Say Hi to your newest follower!

    Maybe you could check out mine and follow if you get time?

    Stoleninspiration.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the perfect day! I envy you, visiting places such as that is a dream of mine. Charming cafes, lavender farms! I'm trying to locate some edible dried lavender for some shortbread cookies I wish to make for tea. Lovely photos as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a truly beautiful garden! <3 The flowers are such a delight!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're so cute omg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so lovely!
    Cute blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank-you for the comment my lovely,
    Wow, these are so pretty they look like they should be paintings!

    Love,
    Lily From Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are so beautiful. And so are you, my love. <3
    Hope you are well.

    Sends you tender hugs,
    Lili xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous! What a pretty place, I don't think I've ever been, but I definitely need to now! Your hat is so lovely and delicate. I hope you're doing well and hope school is coming along well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to visit Lily of the Valley, just for the photo opportunities!
    Such a great blog you have going here :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great photos
    cute blog :)

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair aww.. you look so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a real gem, did you know?
    It's good to see a post by you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous place! I've always been fascinated with bees too, especially since my nickname used to be "Bee". And mmm a chocolate factory sounds good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I could join you! This place looks beyond perfect. Alas, I'm stuck in the horrible cold of the UK... Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful photos, C! And you look really, really lovely. :) That's one really sweet dress too. I hope to visit Australia sometime soon - I'm missing out on so many things there!

    Hope you've been doing good too, lovely. :) Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty! the vintage effect and the picture itself is breathtaking. love it!
    http://katies-favorite-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How have I not commented for so long among your beautiful entries? This looked like such a perfect day out. I too loved A secret life of bees :) and you look delightful in the photos too. xxx

    ReplyDelete