Fresh Start

 My new years resolutions/some things I aspire to achieve this year

  • Drink different varieties of teas. I've always avoided green tea and anything other than English breakfast with milk. Knowing the benefits of tea, I'd like to broaden my 'palette' for the beverage.
  • Take more photos. There really is no excuse now for no photo taking, what with my new camera!
  • Get to know more people.
  • Be more organised. I got this adorable little planner at The Broken Doll shop in Fremantle. It should help me achieve this goal
  • Do well at school. Im going to be in year eleven next year! So daunting, but I am determined to do very well
  • Bake my way through Eat me! I have already baked some goodies from the cookbook, so, so addictive
  • Take time to paint. I am changing my art course for this year to economics. I enjoy art as a hobby, but dont think I would make a career out of it unfortunately. Despite this, I dont ever want to stop painting and I want to make time for it .
"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us."  ~Hal Borland

xx Carina *whispering* Happy New Year my little butterflies

10 comments:

  1. Hello dear, love the background of this new blog of yours, very lovely indeed. My list would look quite similar to yours, bar the school part.. I hope you discover some nice teas- I love Lady Grey and Peppermint and Nettle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darling! Your new blog is so whimsical; I love it.

    I should probably jump on board with quite a few of your resolutions, though to be quite honest, I can't stomach tea. Ironic, since I'm in TN where sweet tea especially is a delicacy.

    That painting one, however, is just incredible. Let me see what you decide to paint! :)

    Anyhow, I'm about to head to the gym (cringe)so I'll check back later. Best of luck, really, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ps: I really can't stress how much I love your blog title. "I Wish We Were Butterflies." It's so enchanting.. Sounds like the perfect tattoo, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carina,
    thank you for the warm words you've left on my tiny little blog.
    Yours is a favourite of mine already and I cannot wait to read more of you.
    I made a list for 2011, too."Drink different varieties of teas", "Take more photos" and "Be more organised" is also written on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you have in store for your new one, the layout is so perfect!

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetest thing, you're resolutions are lush. 'get to know more people' is by far the most delicious & most rewarding one (closely followed by baking your way through Eat Me). You should check out these links...http://www.listography.com/ , http://www.goodreads.com/ , http://www.ladiesaplate.co.nz/ . Swell blogging butterfly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love your list, im cooking my way through the river cottage cook book at the moment, its so much fun. good luck with your tea drinking, I used to work at a tea shop and now my kitchen cupboard is so full of so many teas its insane.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful new blog, certainly following my darling.
    :)

    p.s,
    honestly, changing your course to economics is the best idea. I really wish I didn't take art painting in school. Because I'm in my last year in high school now, and I'm deciding to apply for business university courses as such, in which painting and art is unneccessary. I just really wish I was more like you and took more subjects such as eco instead of art subjects, even though I achieved well in art, more business type subjects would have been better for me.

    Anyway. That was a bit of a ramble. Hehe.
    Can't wait for your next post dearie.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love love love that planner!
    best planner I´ve ever seen!

    abitoffarewell.blogspot.com

    x H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i just finished reading your entire blog.
    nice girl, me, right? :)

    glad i found you.
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete